What to expect before and during your treatment time at Iwood Manor Lodge Treatment Rooms
Pre appointment “Triage” screening phone call
- At the point of booking an appointment we will ask a series of screening questions to ascertain the reason for your treatment and to check your health. If we feel that a face to face appointment is not necessary or you are within the higher risk categories, we can offer remote treatment in the form of a video call or an extended phone consultation.
- Please make your appointment the first visit after leaving home. Arriving after shopping will increase the chances of you introducing the virus into what is a clean environment.
Your arrival at Iwood
- Please arrive at The Lodge Treatment rooms at Iwood Manor on time for your appointment. In order to reduce any risk to yourself or others we will not be operating a waiting room so please wait in your car and the therapist will invite you into the clinic.
Please Be Patient
- As therapists we are leaving ample time between patients for cleaning and disinfecting all surfaces, ready for your arrival and ensuring you are kept safe and contact kept to a minimum.
- Hand Sanitiser will be available and ALL patients are required to sanitise their hands on entering the clinic. Please feel free to sanitise on your exit if you feel the need.
Family and Friends are asked to stay in the car
- We ask that all patients come into the clinic for their appointments alone, unless they are minors or require assistance. All other family members, friends or drivers must stay in the car.
- Your therapist will be able to take your temperature using an infrared, non contact digital thermometer as you arrive, having a fever/high temperature (37.8C or greater) is not a definite indication of Covid-19 but it is measure of an infection of some sort in your body.
- If you have a freshly laundered, comfortable and effective mask of your own please wear it to your appointment, (non-valve style mask only please)
- Alternatively a single use mask will be made available to you on entering the clinic. Please do not be upset if we suggest it needs changing.
- A face mask alone will not protect you from catching a virus, it will decrease the likelihood of exhaled water droplets (that harbour the virus) being dispersed throughout the clinic, wearing a mask reduces the risk of passing the virus to each other.
Please leave personal accessory items in the car
- Please remove items such as watches and jewellery (items that you usually remove for treatment) before you come into the clinic. These items can be left at home or in your car.
Wear appropriate clothing
- Please wear clothing that can be removed without passing over your head, e.g. buttons or zips. (this is to prevent dislodging your mask)
- Please wear loose fitting clothing that can easily be moved to give access for your treatment.
- Please only use the bathroom if absolutely necessary and then notify your therapist afterwards so that we can disinfect all surfaces.
- To reduce contact and therefore potential contagion, payment can be made either by contactless card payment (a new addition to the clinic) or by Online/BACS transfers (please ask for bank details and once payment is made please send a conformation text.)